This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
We collect information from and about you:
• When you register with Shoreline Properties
• Submit a request through this Site to find, list or rent a property
• Use our Services
• Contact us with inquiries
• Respond to surveys
• Directly provide information to us
• Create and maintain Owner’s Profile
• Subscribe to the mailing list
• Post reviews
• Request further services
• Enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us
• Report a problem with our Services
We collect several types of information from and about you including:
• Contact Information. We may collect your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number, including your mobile phone number.
• Payment Information. We may collect your credit card number and billing address.
• Information you provide. This includes information provided in connection with registering to book a vacation rental property through our Services, subscribing to the mailing list, sending us inquiries, and the creation and maintenance of Owners’ Profile, posting material and requesting further services.
• Records of correspondence. We may collect records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
• Responses to surveys. We collect your responses to our surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Transaction information. We may collect details of transactions you carry out through our Services such property rental, real estate sales, listing your property with us.
• Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
• Location Information. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. We use your location information to provide more personalized services.
• Automatically collected information. As you navigate through our Site or access our Services we may collect some information automatically. Information collected automatically may include information about your internet connection, traffic data, logs, type of web browser, operating system, domain name and usage details, specific website pages and content you viewed, features you use, date and time of your visits, clickstream data, referring website and search terms.
• Sensitive Information. For property owners / landlords who list properties with us, we may collect SSN, Bank information, etc. to comply with government and tax regulations.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To process vacation rentals
• To complete your property sales transactions
• To provide you with information, or services that you request from us
• To contact you regarding your vacation rentals
• To contact you with promotional offers that may be of interest to you
• To respond to your questions and assist with problems with our Services
• To customize and personalize your experience with our Services
• To serve advertisements tailored to your interests
• To improve the content and functionality of our Services
• For market research purposes
• To manage our everyday business needs
• To prevent fraud and enforce our Terms of Service, or to comply with the law
• For statistical purposes
We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information, or otherwise with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. Opt-out policy: You can choose NOT to join our email lists or ask to be removed from such lists at any time. Except for your payment information, which we shall keep confidential, the personal information you provide as part of the booking process will also be shared with the owner of the property you are booking.
Pages of the Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other statistics purposes.
Subsidiaries and Affiliates
We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates and contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We share information with Barefoot Technologies Corporation, our platform provider.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding we may share your information with a buyer or other successor if personal information held by us about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
When Required By Law
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Shoreline Properties may retain aggregate or anonymized data indefinitely.
Transfer of information to the US
Links From Our Sites To Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other sites external to us. When you access these external websites, the providers of the sites will have access to certain information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any websites that we do not directly control.
Shoreline properties are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or their websites or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. If you provide any personal information through any such third party website we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies and practices of that third party.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
If we send you marketing emails about services that may interest you, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access, modify or request deletion of your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the email or mailing address provided below.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Shoreline Properties does not have a mechanism in place for responding to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms used to limit collection of information.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at email@example.com. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s personal information.
We take security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration and misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
We are dedicated to protect all information on the Website as is necessary. However, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information by keeping your password confidential. You should change your password immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your account. If you lose control of your account, you should notify us immediately.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
firstname.lastname@example.org Shoreline Properties, Inc.
6808 Coastal Hwy.
Ocean City, MD 21842
This post has not been revised since publication.